AAPC Members are invited to contact the AAPC Association Office
if you would like to add your publication to this site. Include the
title, author/editor, copyright date, publisher/city, hard/soft
- Tharpe, Janet, AAPC Fellow, Such A God - Old Stories, New
Voices, will be self-published through Author's House and is
scheduled to go to print in mid-August 2015, then be released in
early November. Click here to read a
review by E. Frank Tupper, Ph.D.
- Elizabeth A. Maynard & Jill Snodgrass, Understanding
Pastoral Counseling is the new benchmark book in the
field. Not only does this serious, practical, and fascinating work
provide great insight into appreciating pastoral counseling as it
is but it also, through a great diversity of authors and topics,
stimulates us to dream where the field may go in the future. It is
truly a tour de force. - Robert J. Wicks,
Psy.D., Author, The Resilient
Clinician and The Inner Life of the Counselor.
the Table of Contents and
Chapter 1 are available free on the website.
- Reflective Practice: Formative and Supervision in
Ministry (Volume 35) is now available online (free of charge)
On the theme, "The Narrative Perspective," there is a
collection of thoughtful articles, including an essay on "Narrative
Therapy and Supervision" by Christie Cozad Neuger.
- Johanson, Greg, AAPC Member, has a newly edited book (with
Weiss & Monda) entitled Hakomi: Mindfulness-Centered,
Somatic Psychotherapy: A Comprehensive Guide to Theory and
Practice, (ISBN 978-0-393-71072-4). It
is now available from Norton Publishers at a 20% discount (by
typing in the discount code: HAKOMIND). It will also
available in stores and on Amazon.
- Pratt, William Benjamin AAPC Fellow, Short Stuff from a
Tall Guy - Wisdom Gleaned From Life's Daily Journey, published
by Read The Spirit Books 2015, www.ShortStuffFromATallGuy.com
- Grose, Gordon, Fellow/RT, Tragedy Transformed: How Job's
Recovery Can Provide Hope For Yours, is now printed
and available on Amazon.com, bn.com, and
christianbook.com. It is
published by BelieversPress of Colorado Springs, CO.
- Keese, Peter, Jesus Has Left the Building, Wipf &
- Menz, Robert L., Divine Entreaty - Prayers for Public &
Diverse Settings, Balboa Press , www.balboapress.com
- Miller, Alice G., PhD, All that Bright Light - A Story of Love,
Murder and Healing, Alice G Miller©2013, soft cover, Charleston, SC
2014 available www.amazon.com/$8.99
- Sims, Leon, Reflections of Spirituality in Pastoral
Psychotherapy, (Wipf and Stock, December 2013)
- Marshall, Joretta; Hoeft, Jeanne; & Jung, L. Shannon,
Practicing Care in Rural Congregations & Communities,
(Fortress Press, Minneapolis, 2013)
- The Dream and Its Amplification (2013). Eds. Nancy
Furlotti & Erel Shalit. Chapter Author: Kathryn
Madden.Yorkshire, UK: Fisher King Press. $32.50 soft
- Encyclopedia of Psychology & Religion. (2009).
Eds. David Leeming, Kathryn Madden, Stanton Marlan. New York:
Springer Publications. $450. Hardcover.
- Madden, Kathryn. (2008). Dark Light of the Soul. Great
Barrington: Lindisfarne Press. $25:00. soft cover
- Kavanaugh, Joan L., For the Living of These Days,
(Cascade Books 2012)
- Cooper-White, Pamela, The Cry of Tamar-Violence against
Women and the Church's Response, (Fortress Press, 2012)
- Werdel, M. and Wicks, R. Primer on Posttraumatic Growth (Wiley,
2012)Wicks, R. The Inner Life of the Counselor
- Kilgore, Nancy, Sea Level, a novel, RCWMS, Durham, NC,
2011. Nominated for the Pushcart Prize. Available at www.rcwms.org or www.amazon.com.
See reviews at www.nancykilgore.com.
- Poling, James Newton, Rethinking Faith - A Constructive
Practical Theology, Fortress Press, Minneapolis, 2011
- Pratt, Benjamin, A Guide for Caregivers: Keeping Your
Spirit Healthy When Your Caregiver Duties & Responsibilities
Are Dragging You Down, 2011. See the website for additional
- Cooper-White, Pamela, Braided Selves: Collected
Essays on Multiplicity, God, and Persons, ISBN 13:
978-1-60608-668-1. Retail: $28, Pub. Date: 6/10/2011.
- Hamman, Jaco, A Play-Full Life: Slowing Down & Seeking
Peace, Pilgrim Press, Cleveland, 2011.
- Hubbard, Mary Dyer, wrote a poem entitled "The Dance" which won
First Place in an Echoes of the Right to God (an on-line journal)
contest, May 2011, and the poem is now available: http://righttogod.com/FirstPlaceMay.html
- McDonald, Ron,
Walking in Memphis - 16 Historic Tours, 2010, Schiffer
Publishing Ltd., www.schifferbooks.com
- Davidson, Charles, Boone Dead, and Rising: Vincent van
Gogh and the Self Before God, 2011, Wipf
and Stock's Cascade Books. Available at the promotional 40%
discount from the publisher's website through the month of April;
- Hopkins, Paul E., Pursuing Pastoral Excellent - Pathways to
Fruitful Leadership, 2011, Alban, Herndon, VA
- Hager, Terry, DEATH ON THE NIGHT WATCH, a Reverend Rob
Vander Laan Mystery, self-published 2010, is available at www.amazon.com
- Knight, Robert Marsden, Balanced Living: Don't Let Your
Strength Become Your Weakness (Wipf and Stock, 2008), 187 pp.,
paperback. Robert M. Knight, D. Min., AAPC Fellow
- Muse, Stephen, When Hearts Become Flame,
An Eastern Orthodox Approach to the διά-Λογος of
Orthodox Research Institute
- Johnson, Hiram, Tragic Redemption, Langmarc
Publishing, Austin, Texas
- Richardson, Ronald W., Couples in Conflict, A Family
Systems Approach to Marriage Counseling, Fortress Press,
Minneapolis, Minnesota, 2010
- Greider, Kathleen J.; van Deusen Hunsinger, Deborah; &
Kelcourse, Felicity Brock (Editors), Healing Wisdom, Depth
Psychology & the Pastoral Ministry, William B. Eerdmans
Publishing Company, Grand Rapids, Michigan, 2010
- Monty Knight, Balanced Living: Don't Let Your Strength
Become Your Weakness, Wipf & Stock Publishers, Eugene,
- Collective AAPC Members "Spiritual and Psychological
Aspects of Illness. Dealing with Sickness, Loss, Dying and
Death". Edited by Beverly A. Musgrave & Neil J.
McGettigan, Paulist Press, 2010. This is a collection of twenty
essays written by theologians, pastoral counselors, psychologists,
social workers, clergy, and laypeople, offering important insights
and helpful perspective in thanathology. A number of Pastoral
Counselors have contributed to this book, namely: Pamela
Cooper-White. John Shea, Mary Ragan, Paul Metzler, Margaret
Kornfeld, Sara Rieth and Beverly Musgrave.
- Leanne M. Tigert & Maren Tirabassi co-authored, All
Whom God Has Joined: Resources for Clergy and Same-Gender Loving
Couples, with a forward by Bishop Gene Robinson, Pilgrim Press,
- Cooper-White, Pamela. Many Voices: Pastoral Psychotherapy
and Theology in Relational Perspective. Minneapolis: Fortress
- Cooper-White, Pamela. Shared Wisdom: Use of the Self in
Pastoral Care and Counseling. Minneapolis: Fortress Press,
- Cooper-White, Pamela. The Cry of Tamar: Violence Against Women
and the Church's Response. Minneapolis: Fortress Press, 1995. (*2nd
anniversary edition under contract for 2010)
- Perry, Wayne, and Perry, Christopher (2010).
Learing to talk sheep: Understanding those you lead.
Cleveland: Pilgrim Press. Softcover.
- Perry, Wayne (2008). Basic counseling techniques:
A beginning therapist's toolkit (2nd edition).
Bloomington, IN: Authorhouse. Softcover.
- Calof, David L. (with Robin Simons), "The Couple Who Became
Each Other & Other Tales of Healing from a Hypnotherapist's
Casebook", Bantam Books, 1996
- Kitley, Paul L., "The Fruits of the Holy Spirit", 2009,
Providence House Publishers, ISBN: 978-1-57736-400-9, $12.95,
softcover, 64 pages, 2009
- Snorton, Teresa (ACPE) & Stevenson-Moessner, Jeanne
(Editors), "Women Out of Order - Risking Change and Creating
Care in a Multicultural World", 2010, Fortress
Press. Many AAPC members contributed articles to this
- West, Frank, "From Guilt to the Gift of Miracles",
2009, Xlibris Corporation
- Ritter, R. Hall, Jr., and Gamino, Louis A., "Ethical
Practice in Grief Counseling", 2009, Springer Publishing
- Holliman, Pamela, article entitled, "Why Bother with
God?, published in the Spring 2009, vol. 37, #1 issue of The
Journal of the American Academy of Psychoanalysis and Dynamic
- Stone, Howard W., Crisis Counseling, 2009, Fortress
- Steere, David A., Rediscovering Confessions- The Practice
of Forgiveness & Where It Leads, 2009, Routledge-Taylor
- Kujawa-Holbrook, Sheryl A. and Montagno, Karen B. (Editors),
Injustice and the Care of Souls, 2009, Fortress Press
- Wicks, Robert K., prayerfulness - Awakening to the Fullness
of Life, 2009, Sorin Books
- Pratt, Benjamin & Tower, Rupert, article entitled, "A
Contemporary Parable on Good & Evil: James Bond as Moral
Compass", published in the British Transpersonal Psychological
Review, April 2009.
- Pratt, Benjamin, Ian Fleming's Seven Deadlier Sins and
007's Moral Compass, November 2008, $12.95. (www.bondbiblestudy.info).
- Bohler, Carolyn Jane (2008). GOD the what? What
Out Metaphors for God Reveal About Our Beliefs in God,
- Close, Henry, Ceremonies for Spiritual Healing and
Growth. Haworth. 2006. ISBN: 13: 978-0-7890-2905-8,
10:-0-7890-2905-7, softcover, $19.95; ISBN:13: 978-0-7890-2904-1,
10: -7890-2904-0 Hard cover, $29.95.
- Doehring, Carrie, The Practice of Pastoral Care.
Westminster John Knox. 2006. ISBN: 13: 978-0-664-22684-8
(Softcover); ISBN: 10: 0-664-22684-1 (Hard cover).
- Geertz, Nanette, (Author) & Ierardi, Anne, (Illustrator),
Walking with Grief: A Healing Journey. Healthsigns Center,
Inc. Yarmouthport, MA. 2006. ISBN: 0-9776583-0-9 (Softcover),
- Helminiak, Daniel A., Sex And The Sacred. Gay Identity and
Spiritual Growth. Haworth Press. 2006. ISBN: 13:
978-1-56023-342-8 ISBN: 10: 1-56023-342-7 (Soft), $16.95. ISBN: 13:
978-1-56023-341-1 ISBN: 10: 1-56023-341-9. Hard cover $39.95.
- Henderson, Robert and Janis (2006). Living with Jung:
"Enterviews" with Jungian Analysts. Volume 1 of 2. email@example.com.
- Karaban, Roslyn A. Crisis Caring. San Jose, CA:
Resource Publications, 2005.
- Laman E. A.. A House Beyond Expectations. Bloomington,
Indiana: Authorhouse. 2004. ISBN 1418451630 (Softcover) 451
- McBride, J. LeBron (2006). Family Behavioral Issues in
Health and Illness. Haworth Soft cover, Hard cover.
- McDonald, R. (2006). The Spirituality of Community Life -
When We Come `Round Right. Haworth. Soft cover.
- Olson, Richard P., Ask Anything - A Pastoral Theology of
Inquiry. Haworth. 2006. ISBN: 13: 978-0-7890-2818-1, 10:
0-7890-2818-2, Softcover, $19.95; ISBN: 13: 978-0-7890-2817-4 10:
0-7890-2817-4 Hard cover, $29.95.
- Parker, G. Keith. Seven Cherokee Myths - Creation, Fire,
the Primordial Parents, the Nature of Evil, the Family, Universal
Suffering and Communal Obligation, 2005. McFarland. ISBN
0-7864-2364-1. $29.95 Softcover. 256 pages w/illustrations.
- Polce-Lynch, Mary, Creating a Healing Legacy with Final
Words and Letters. Marlow & Co. 2006. $14.95. ISBN: 13:
- Rassieur, Charles L. I Have a Plan: A Pastor's Guide to
Counseling Troubled Marriages. Westminster/John Knox Press,
2005. ISBN 0-664-22762-7. (soft cover).
- Sorajjakool, S. (2006). When Sickness Heals: The Place of
Religious Belief in Healthcare. Templeton Foundation Press,
- Sorajjakool, Siroj (2009). Do Nothing, Innter Peace
for Everyday Living, Reflections on Chuang Tzu's Philosophy,
- Stevenson-Moessner, Jeanne. A Primer in Pastoral Care.
Minneapolis: Augsburg Fortress Press, 2005.
- Summers, Thomas A. (2006). Want a Frog? Memories, Sports
and Other South Carolina Tales. Edisto Press. $16.00.
Softcover, 232 pages, with photographs.
- Townsend, L. L., Bagby, Linden G. (2006). Suicide -
Pastoral Responses. Abingdon Press. Soft cover.
- Welton, David (2006). The Treatment of Bipolar Disorder in
Pastoral Counseling: Community and Silence. New York: Haworth
- Wicks, Robert J. Overcoming Secondary Stress in Medical and
Nursing Practice-A Guide to Professional Resilience and Personal
Well-Being. Oxford University Press. 2006. ISBN:
13-978-0-19-517223-2 Hard Cover, 197 pages.
- Education/Training Tapes/DVD's. "Resiliency After Violent
Death" provides therapists engaged in long-term support with
families, strategies to diminish the emotional distress. "Survival
From Domestic Violence: Stories of Hope and Healing." Stories of
women's lives transformed after domestic violence. "When Helping
Hurts." Recovery, Symptoms & Coping From Compassion Fatigue. www.giftfromwithin.org